Skip to Main Content

Library Subject Guides

Cinema Studies: For Academic Staff

Created for the students and staff of Cinema Studies



Library Open Access Fund application form


Copyright and LEARN


  • In-Print Books: the Library can apply to Copyright Licensing New Zealand (CLNZ) for a transactional licence when an additional 10% from any in-print book is required (up to 20% in total from the in-print book). For now the Library will pay for these transactional licences.
  • Out-of-Print Books: the Library can apply to CLNZ for OOP licences. The content used can be up to 100% of an out-of-print book if the application is accepted.
    • If the Library owns or can purchase an eBook version, no licences will be sought, unless the eBook access is limited to one or three users

Electronic Journal Articles

  • If the Library does not hold an article in print format or provide electronic access, the Library can apply to publishers to purchase specific articles, provided the publisher offers such a service.
  • Please give the Library the student numbers and timeframe required.

For any requests or questions, contact the Library via

Information Resources

Accessing items in Storage

UC Academics and postgraduates are able to request to browse library materials that are shelves in storage. To make an appointment email