Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
CINAHL with Full Text Provides full text for all areas of nursing and allied health literature. In addition to full text, offers indexing and abstracts for nursing, biomedicine, health sciences librarianship, alternative/complementary medicine, consumer health and allied health disciplines. Also offers access to health care books, nursing dissertations, selected conference proceedings, standards of practice, educational software, audiovisuals and book chapters.
PsycINFO Psychology and related disciplines.
The Cochrane Library Consists of a collection of seven evidence-based medicine databases. Includes systematic reviews from the Cochrane Collaboration, which present research on the effects of healthcare.
Embase Embase is a biomedical and pharmaceutical database covering the following fields: drug research, pharmacology, pharmaceutics, toxicology, clinical and experimental human medicine, health policy and management, public health, occupational health, environmental health, drug dependence and abuse, psychiatry, forensic medicine, and biomedical engineering/instrumentation.
PubMed Medicine and related disciplines
Scopus Description of this database.
- TRiP Database Medical search engine for evidence based medicine
- MedlinePlus Database of consumer health information
- COVID-19 Global literature on coronavirus disease A comprehensive database of health literature related to the COVID-19 pandemic compiled by WHO and Global Health
This guide is a pathfinder to Health Science resources at UC. To navigate, use the tabs above. Quick links:
Help with literature searching (either quick or comprehensive searches)
Preliminary scoping search
- Running an initial search in Medline, CINAHL, or PsycInfo as appropriate
- Searching MultiSearch if just a few items are required
- Finding systematic reviews on your topic
Conducting a literature search
- Recommending relevant databases
- Developing search strategies for each database
- Using appropriate search filters, if required
- Saving search strategies
- Helping with management of your references
Documenting your searches
Locating full text
Referencing (including use of EndNote)
New Health Sciences books