Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Electronic Article Lookup and Journal Search
Search across a range of Library resources, including
If you cannot find it at UC Library or online, request an Interloan and we will get it for you from another library. There is no charge for this service
To find specific articles within journals try one of the following indexing services
Open-Access Databases (free)
arXiv.org This link opens in a new window
An e-print service in the fields of physics, mathematics, non-linear science, computer science, and quantitative biology
Google Scholar—Tips and Tricks
Google Scholar – Tips and Tricks
Provides a simple way to search broadly for scholarly literature
Use Scholar Preferences
- to import references into EndNote, BibTeX, etc: amend Bibliography manager details in the Search results section
- to show Full-Text @ UC Library, choose ”University of Canterbury“ in the Library Links section
Use Google Scholar Library to organise your references
The Library catalogue provides details of all UC holdings for journal titles (print and electronic), both journals with a current subscription and those without a current subscription but for which the Library has retained holdings.
A few pointers
- "journal title keywords" search works best when truncating with an asterisk
- there are separate records for print and electronic journals
- there are separate records for mergers and/or name changes of journals
- which issues/volumes the library has is indicated in the Library holdings summary
- once barcoded specific issues/volumes are displayed under "Show items" link
A separate listing of journals can also be browsed by subject category or by publisher.