Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
CINAHL with Full Text This link opens in a new windowProvides full text for all areas of nursing and allied health literature. In addition to full text, offers indexing and abstracts for nursing, biomedicine, health sciences librarianship, alternative/complementary medicine, consumer health and allied health disciplines. Also offers access to health care books, nursing dissertations, selected conference proceedings, standards of practice, educational software, audiovisuals and book chapters.
APA PsycINFO 1887-Current This link opens in a new windowPsychology and related disciplines.
The Cochrane Library This link opens in a new windowConsists of a collection of seven evidence-based medicine databases. Includes systematic reviews from the Cochrane Collaboration, which present research on the effects of healthcare.
EMBASE Classic + EMBASE (1974 to present) This link opens in a new windowEmbase is a biomedical and pharmaceutical database covering the following fields: drug research, pharmacology, pharmaceutics, toxicology, clinical and experimental human medicine, health policy and management, public health, occupational health, environmental health, drug dependence and abuse, psychiatry, forensic medicine, and biomedical engineering/instrumentation.
PubMed This link opens in a new windowMedicine and related disciplines
SAGE Research Methods Core This link opens in a new window
Scopus This link opens in a new windowMultidisciplinary, especially Life, Health and Physical Sciences.
- TRiP Database Medical search engine for evidence based medicine
- MedlinePlus Database of consumer health information
- COVID-19 Global literature on coronavirus disease A comprehensive database of health literature related to the COVID-19 pandemic compiled by WHO and Global Health
DigitalNZ Access to over 30 million digital items from NZ libraries, museums, govt depts, publicly funded organisations, media and community groups
This guide is a pathfinder to Health Science resources at UC. To navigate, use the tabs above. Quick links:
Help with literature searching (either quick or comprehensive searches)
Preliminary scoping search
- Running an initial search in Medline, CINAHL, or PsycInfo as appropriate
- Searching MultiSearch if just a few items are required
- Finding systematic reviews on your topic
Conducting a literature search
- Recommending relevant databases
- Developing search strategies for each database
- Using appropriate search filters, if required
- Saving search strategies
- Helping with management of your references
Documenting your searches
Locating full text
Referencing (including use of EndNote)
New Health Sciences books