Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
The Library provides some modified and additional Filters and Styles.
Note that any zipped files need to be 'unzipped' i.e. right-click and choose the extract command. Copy these files to your EndNote file folder location.
If you just need the APA 7th style, note that this is not 'zipped'. Just save it into your styles folder.
C:/Progam Files (x86)/EndNote 20/Styles
Have Word and EndNote open with the library you wish to use
There are many ways to add the references in EndNote to Word.
- click Go to EndNote
- Select the Reference you want
- Click and drag the reference into the appropriate place in your word document
- Select the reference in EndNote that you wish to insert into Word, and copy it (Ctrl-c)
- Switch to Word and paste (Ctrl-v)
- click Go to Word
- click EndNote 20 on the toolbar
- Click Insert Citation. If you have already selected a citation(s) to import, click Insert Selected Citation. Otherwise click Citation and you will have an option to search for the citation.
- Alt+1 to switch to Word and place your cursor where the in-text citation is to go
- Alt+2 to insert the in-text citation
Note: with Alt, use the 1 and 2 keys in the main keyboard, not the number pad. You can use Alt+1 to switch back to EndNote to select further references
- You can insert multiple citations by using the Ctrl key to select and copy a number of references at the same time.You can also use the Shift key to select a block of references or Ctrl-a to select all references. You can use any of the above methods with multiple citations.
Inserting a reference into Word
Inserting multiple references into Word
Removing citations from Word